Five mind blowing effects.
Stunning mentalism you can carry in your pocket or wallet.
Just one single poker-sized card (3.5" x 2.5")
What the experts have said...
cards are really clever and a great way to always have something with you ready to go. They are professionally made and worthy of any entertainer making their living with this art." - Richard Osterlind
"I like your ideas. Pocket Minds
is very good. It is very nice to have a mentalism act in your pocket. Keep creating these kinds of things." - Luca Volpe
"Your ideas are exceptional. This is a very practical prop and great fun to use. A great idea which works very well." - Marc Paul
is brilliant. He really thinks outside the box in both method and theme. And it is wonderful. All his mini miracles have maximum impact. I cannot praise his 5-star work enough. Finally, you can carry some outstanding miracles with you, in your wallet. And I will always carry at least one of his effects with me, for those unexpected moments of mystery." - Marc Salem
"Great to have in the pocket. Straight forward and baffling." - Graham Jolley
"It is obvious that a lot of thought has gone into producing this amazing little card. I can imagine mentalists carrying this with them at all times and producing some incredible experiences for people. There are ideas in the manuscript on how to use this with your business card and handing it out at the end. There are also bonus ideas such as words that will have more impact in your mentalism routine and phrases used for patter in mentalism. I'm becoming a huge fan of The Unknown Mentalist, as he is creating some really practical and clever products. This is a great example of a working performer and a great thinker. As the famous saying goes - 'NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!' This should be the motto for Pocket Minds
!" - Paul Romhany
"I just bought your Pocket Minds
product and think it's really great. Not only the effects, but also the tips, patter themes, etc. Really great." - Mark Einhorn
"I think it is excellent. In fact, I personally like the first three routines in particular. The idea of having two people simultaneously participating is also good. Also, you are one crazy guy. To put out as much as you have in the last year is AMAZING." - David Burmeister
"Design - excellent. Writing - excellent. Originality - excellent. I strongly recommend your effects because they pack small and play big! It is a brilliant idea using only a single card for five simple-to-do, high-impact effects! I personally would laminate the card. I love also the structure of your book, especially 'Best Study Method' and your Tips - highly recommended advice." - Dr. Hans C. Solka
What You Get: A professionally produced Poker-size gimmick and a detailed 20-page multicolor instruction booklet
The 5 effects you can perform with the Pocket Minds card are
1. Divine a word related to a spectator's date of birth.
2. Divine a thought-of word in another novel way.
3. A spectator thinks of a symbol and you are able to divine it.
4. A participant just thinks of an element and you are able to read the thought.
5. A spectator merely thinks of her day of birth and you can reveal it. This amazing little Pocket Minds card and the above routines come with a set of very special features.
1. Fully readymade and completely self-working.
2. Instantly repeatable with different outcomes.
3. Works anytime, anywhere with anyone.
4. Nothing is written down by participants.
5. The gimmick can be freely inspected before, during or after the routine.
6. No sleights. Start clean and end clean.
7. No peeks. No switches. No Swami.
8. No electronics. No pre-show. No stooges.
9. No chemicals. No impressions. No threads.
10. Fits in any pocket or wallet. No reset required.
11. Flexible enough for a 2-minute quickie or up to a 15-minute act.
12. Suitable for any venue - close-up, street, walk around, parlor, stage.
13. Easy to perform. Yet high impact. VANISH MAGAZINE REVIEW OF POCKET MINDS BY UNKNOWN MENTALIST: You receive an excellently produced booklet which details the workings on this wonderful little mentalism routine, plus a well-produced card (size of a playing card) that allows you to perform some very strong piece of mindreading. The card is professionally made and will easily fit in to your wallet, so it is ready to go anytime. The card will allow you to perform five different effects with a very novel presentation of reading your spectator's minds. Imagine being able to do a book test without actually carrying around a book - this is pretty much what Pocket Minds allows you to do. For anybody who likes to give personal readings to spectators, this is the perfect way to lead into it. By combining readings and the mentalism in here, you will have an incredibly powerful little tool that will really connect with your spectators.
There are several methods involved, and one in particular is used for most of the routines but with different results. What is really clever, and the first time I've seen this, is if a spectator calls "NO," you actually have a reason for this 'NO' and it proves to be a kicker. This is incredibly clever and I think the best version I've seen of this principle. It is amazing how much you can get out of this card and you could even do 15 minutes of performance using this if you wanted. You can involve one person or several people, so it is perfect for any condition from stage to walk-about or just casual performances when asked to do something.
Effect 1 - A person thinks of their birth date and they end up choosing a word from one of 40 on the card and you are able to tell them the word. This is very direct and I've long been a fan of this method and have used it myself in my own book tests.
Effect 2 - This is a great follow up to the first effect, and this means you can repeat it. If you are with a group of people, you could perform several effects at once, which is how I prefer to use this technique. The only thing with this effect is making sure your spectator can add numbers up. I would suggest having them use their calculator on their phone.
Effect 3 - This is a very interesting effect and the method very clever. It uses symbols and colors that are on the card and just by having the spectator 'think' of a shape, you are able to tell them which one of the six shapes is in their mind. The method reminds me somewhat of an idea by Neal Scryer although the performance is different. A method you need to try to see how well it works.
Effect 4 - In this effect, a spectator is asked to think of one of five elements that are on the card. Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space. As well as being able to tell them which one they are thinking of, you can additionally give them a reading. The method is the same as Effect 1
Effect 5 - Spectators are asked to think of one day in a week and again you are able to tell them which day is in their mind.
It is obvious that a lot of thought has gone into producing this amazing little card. I can imagine mentalists carrying this with them at all times and producing some incredible experiences for people. There are ideas in the manuscript on how to use this with your business card and handing it out at the end. There are also bonus ideas such as words that will have more impact in your mentalism routine and phrases used for patter in mentalism. I'm becoming a huge fan of The Unknown Mentalist, as he is creating some really practical and clever products. This is a great example of a working performer and a great thinker. As the famous saying goes - "NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!" This should be the motto for Pocket Minds!