Magic with a Copper/Silver Coin by Jerry Mentzer - Books
Magic with a Copper/Silver Coin contains a compilation of tricks with a double-sided coin. Most tricks are simple and easy to do, such as the transposition of a copper coin and a silver coin from hand to hand. Twelve tricks and variations are presented and taught. The book is soft bound with thirty-two numbered pages.
- The Gimmicked Coin
- A Simple Transposition: C/S plus English Penny. One is removed from the closed fist and the coins transpose.
- Follow the Penny: 2 C/S coins, 1 Half. Two Silver, One Copper shown. Copper is put in pocket, and the Copper turns to Silver, Copper is found in the hand. This is repeated. Suggestion to end the trick using just the Half Dollar is made (no routine provided).
- Copper and Silver Transposition Number One: In the spectator's hand, all can be examined at the end.
- The Bobo Switch: A utility move.
- Number Two: An alternate beginning for Number One that allows the coins to be examined at the start.
- Number Three: Non-sleight version, similar to "A Simple Transposition."
- Number Four: A nice transposition in the spectator's hand, ends clean.
- Presto Chango: Two Silvers shown, hand closes, Two Coppers are shown. Hand closes, Two Silvers are shown. Hand Closes, One Copper, One Silver. Ends clean.
- Buddha's Coin (Hen Fetsch): A C/S transposition using Buddha Papers.
- Coin Fantasy (Jules Lenier): The routine that comes with many C/S products.
- Transposition Two (from Horace Bennett's The Bennett Touch) -- detailed transposition on coin purse. Ends clean, and both sides are shown at the start.
- Not So Relentless (from "Horace Bennett's Fourth Book"): Three halves in one hand trade places with three English pennies in the other.
- Selected References